The investment you have made in your home deserves the protection of the best roof available. It’s likely that this thought has gone through your mind as you look into the repairs that need to be made from the last wind storm or simply as your roof approaches the end of its lifespan. With this in mind, you not only need the protection from the adverse weather conditions that occur all too often, you need something that will stand up a bit better.
This is the best time to get one that will do all of that and be a decorative metal roofing system at the same time. But first, let’s dispel a few metal roofing myths:
- Metal roofing is not environmentally friendly. Wrong. All materials used for decorative metal roofing systems are recycled and recyclable.
- Metal roofing is noisy when it rains. This is not correct. Metal roofing is installed over the existing roofing system, which helps to dampen the noise. Because of this, metal roofs can actually be quieter than the previous roof.
- They are dangerous and tend to fly off in high winds. This is not true, either, as they are metal panels interwoven together and attached in such a way as to all but eliminate becoming loose and flying around. This have been proven time and time again in the high winds in the Jacksonville area.
- Aren’t they heavy and present a risk of the roof collapsing? No. In fabricating the panels, aluminum is a main component. The entire roof can weigh less than a composition or asphalt roof and it will last as long as 100 years. A wood roof will weigh more than this as will a tile and slate covering.
Metal roofing comes in a host of different designs and colors. It is fabricated using the technologies that can help create any number of looks which will be instrumental in making sure the house has the look you envision and the protection it needs for years to come.
- Country Manor Shakes: A wood shake is what many people identify this style with.
- Rustic Shingle: The old world charm of this look is upgraded with a sharper, crisper profile and a color that will not fade with the sun’s rays. As a matter of fact, all decorative roofing is treated with the special coatings that prevent this fading or oxidation and assist in keeping the home cool in the summer and retain heat in the winter.
- Barrel Tile: The looks of a tile roof elicits many appreciative comments and does resemble some of the historic buildings in the area and other Florida locales. This is available in the Mediterranean and traditional colors. The lifetime limited warranty is available for all decorative metal roofing for your protection and satisfaction.
- Oxford Shingle: This roofing system resembles the slate on many of the higher-end homes. Remember that all metal roofing is lighter in weight than other roofing material, so this will not be the heavy slate that will present a problem on some homes. It is a low profile panel that resists the heat and wind and still fits in with any architectural style in the neighborhood.
- The traditional Metal Roof: This is a 12” standing seam system that is appropriate for many commercial buildings. It is also sized to fit on most homes and comes in a large variety of colors. All decorative metal roofing is attached with the clips that allow for the expansion and contraction that occurs with metal without sheering off or buckling.