Your home is your castle. You do everything you can to protect it so, in turn, it can protect you and your family. The integrity of your roof is of great importance to this protection. You do your best to take preventative measures to ensure you have the best weather resistant roof possible during Florida’s tropical storm season. However, sometimes Mother Nature’s fury cannot be stopped. When severe rain storms hit in Jacksonville, which happens often, your roof is the most susceptible to costly damage. When tropical storm damage emergencies occur, you need fast, professional help to repair your homes stability. When your roof suffers storm related damage, such as wind, fallen tree branches, flying debris, water or hail damage let AJ Wells Roofing help make this stressful situation a little easier. We will help you deal with filing a claim with your insurance company and meet with your adjuster to discuss and evaluate the damage to your roof. Our involvement in this process helps to prevent you from getting stuck with a settlement that won’t properly cover the needed repair, or worse, being denied compensation when there is tropical storm or hurricane damage.
We believe in helping our customers to get a full roof replacement or repair at no extra cost to you, other than your deductable. At AJ Wells, we pride ourselves in being Jacksonville’s credible homeowners’ advocate when it comes to dealing with damage and insurance claims. Our team of professionals has the knowledge and experience to meet the highest expectations and standards. Typically, we work with the insurance company to accept the price that they will pay for your claim. Our goal is to help make this complex process easy and smooth since we know you have a million other things you could, or would rather, be doing. Dealing with roof damage must be handled with great care and AJ Wells Roofing is company that Jacksonville homeowners trust, especially when it comes to filing damage claims and repairing your family’s home protection.
So, like many homeowners dealing with roof damage, you might want to know if you’re insurance premium will increase if you file a storm damage claim. The answer is no! Wind, water, hail and storm damage are considered an insurance loss on your homeowner’s policy, depending on the specific insurance provider. Therefore, it should not count against you for rate increases as the claim would be considered a natural disaster. The truth is that claims don’t determine your insurance premium. So breathe easy and let us help you get your roof back to normal!
Your home is the largest and probably most important investment you will make in your life, if you experience tropical storm or hurricane damage, the best thing to do is file. After all, it’s your home and you are paying an insurance premium each and every year. Often times, you have already paid for a new roof! Remember, you’re homeowners insurance is designed to protect your home, so it’s in your best interest to use it.
Use these steps below as a guide for how to begin, and successfully complete the claims process:
- The first step when you have damage is to contact your roofer to inspect and analyze the damage. At AJ Wells, we offer free inspections and will come at you and your families convenience.
- Then, you can decide if you would like your roofer to represent you in the claims process. If you do decide to move forward in the claims process with AJ Wells, you will then need to contact your insurances’ claims department and let them know that AJ Wells will representing your case.
- Next, explain the storm damage to the insurance company and the approximate date of loss. At that time, inform them that your roofing contractor has already examined the property and confirmed the damage. A claim number will be issued to you for you and your roofing contractor representative.
- An insurance adjuster will be scheduled to come and examine your property damage. Your AJ Wells representative will be present at that time to thoroughly discuss the damage that occurred and guarantee that everything necessary to get your property back to its original condition is included. Often times, the insurance adjuster may inadvertently miss damage or not be able to take photos that accurately represent the damage. Having a roofing professional present with you will help to ensure that those key components are not missed.
- Finally, when you are ready to begin repairs, you will have to meet your deductable. AJ Wells will be prepared to stand by your side and get your roof back to its previous state!
Once your roof is approved for a full replacement or repair, there are four key terms that you should familiarize yourself with regarding most policy claim payments:
- Deductable: This is the amount that you will be responsible to pay for.
- Actual Cash Value: This is typically the amount of the first check you receive from your insurance company.
- Depreciation: This is typically the amount of the second check you will receive. This balance is the difference between the Actual Cash Value and the replacement or repair cost of your roof.
- Replacement Cash Value: This is the Actual Cash Value plus the depreciation.
AJ Wells has dealt with various insurance companies during the claims process. We have developed a system geared to helping our customers receive the correct payment for repairs or replacements that their home needs. We understand that once damage occurs, the stress sets in. “Should I file a claim? Will my rates go up? How does the process work?” Instead of panicking, let AJ Wells walk you through the course. Damage to your home is stressful enough. After a storm, these are the top telltale signs of wind and hail damage:
- Holes in your roof
- Leaks in your roof or ceiling
- Dents on vents, gutters, or shingles
- Missing Shingles
- Split seams
- Cracked or broken tile, slate, or concrete shingles