Unfortunately, no matter how well you keep your roof maintained, it will still need to be replaced eventually. Over time, roofs deteriorate to the point where repairs are no longer enough to keep them from leaking. If you find yourself in need of new roofing in Jacksonville, you’ll want to make sure you’re as prepared as possible before the installation process begins. If you take just a little time to prepare yourself and your home beforehand, you can prevent unpleasant surprises and make sure that your new roof is installed as smoothly as possible.
How to Prepare for the Installation of New Jacksonville Roofing
- Before you do anything else, make sure you know the meaning of all the different roofing components. This way you’ll better understand exactly what’s wrong with your existing roof and what you want for your new roof.
- It’s important to choose a contractor with the proper qualifications to install your new roof. Getting a qualified contractor ensures that you receive the best work possible to prevent further issues down the road. Investing in a qualified contractor also helps you avoid any potential scams.
- It’s vital to know what the full cost is going to be before you begin the process of installing your new roof. Make sure you’ve accounted for the cost of roofing materials for the square footage of your roof, any permits required during the installation, and the cost of labor for the alotted installation time. Most contractors provide free roofing estimates, which can be a huge help in accurately calculating the cost ahead of completion.
- When you choose the material for your new roof, be sure to find out what maintenance requirements it needs. Talk over your options with a roofing professional and think carefully before you make your final decision.
- Clear a space around your home, so that if any materials happen to slide off of the roof, they won’t accidentally land on patio furniture or potted plants.
- Let your neighbors know that you’re going to have a new roof installed. This way, when the construction starts, the noise and activity won’t come as a surprise. By warning them ahead of time, your neighbors will more likely be more patient and understanding during the installation process.
During the Installation of Your New Roof
Preparing your home doesn’t stop when the construction of your new roof starts, there are a few things that you’ll still need to continue taking care of throughout the entire installation process.
- Try to remember that no matter how good your contractor is, bad weather can always cause delays for roofing in Jacksonville. It can be difficult to be patient when your home is under construction, but try to keep in mind that delays may arise that are out of the contractor’s control.
- Roofing installation can cause vibrations that travel through your house. Before installation begins, remove any hanging items from your walls and loose items off the shelves. It is best to wait until after your new roof is completely finished before you put these items back up again.
- Keep your driveway open and leave plenty of space around your house so workers have enough room to move tools and materials where they need to go.
- It can be a big help if you park your car on the street during the installation process so that the roofers can park closer to your home.
- If you have any pets, keep them inside while the work on your new roof is underway.
Please contact us for more information about having a new roof installed on your home! If you have any questions regarding how to prepare yourself and your home for the process of roof installation, A.J. Wells Roofing Contractors are here for you. Our Jacksonville roofing team at A.J. Wells has over forty years of combined roofing experience to help you get the job done right.