Roof Ventilation Systems in Jacksonville, FL
Roof ventilation plays an important role in the health of your home. A properly ventilated attic or crawlspace helps ensure the longevity of roofing materials, prevents the growth of mildews, and can even save you money on energy bills. Good air flow may be obstructed by a variety of factors that require knowledgeable inspections to locate and experienced work to repair. Once a roof is replaced, A.J. Wells Roofing & Construction will ensure proper roof ventilation.
The Advantages of Proper Roof Ventilation
A well-ventilated roof offers many advantages to a homeowner. These include:
- Normalized temperatures within the home. Poor ventilation can lead to trapped heat in the attic or crawlspace, which can increase the costs of air conditioning a home.
- Longer roof life. Proper ventilation ensures your roof has the best conditions for the components/materials that make the roofing system. Many shingle manufacturers require proper ventilation to honor their warranty.
- Decreased humidity. A badly ventilated attic traps moisture, which then cannot dissipate. This may cause mold, mildew, and may damage wood or insulation. Good air flow removes trapped humidity.
The Causes of Poor Ventilation
Troubles with a roof’s ventilation may not be readily apparent to the untrained eye. It is important to have a professional evaluate the condition of roof or attic ventilation. Causes may include:
- Vent blockage by felt paper or insulation materials.
- Improper installation of vents over solid wood.
- Improper locations of vents based on roof geometry.
- Vents placed over incorrectly sized holes.
- Multiple vent types that do not match roof geometry.
The Types of Roof Vents
- Box Vents.
- Wind Turbines.
- Power Vents.
- Ridge Vents.
- Off Ridge Vents.
- Cupola Vents.
- Soffit Vents.
For more information on your home’s structural integrity, call A.J. Wells Roofing & Construction to get your free quote. This is an issue you do not want to wait replacing. Call Today at (904) 553-0069 or visit us at Roofreplacementservices.com.