When it comes to decorative metal roofing, Jacksonville, FL residents have many options available to them, especially when offered by an expert roofing specialist. Metal roofing provides a sustainable, environmentally-friendly and reliable roofing solution. Whether you are looking for roofing repairs, new installs, maintenance on a leaky roof or any other problem, choosing to go with metal roofing is an increasingly popular choice for Florida homeowners.
What is Decorative Metal Roofing?
If you’re looking for examples of metal roofing, Jacksonville, FL is full of real life applications. Look around your neighborhood and you’re likely to see many homes and businesses with metal roofs – you’ve probably just never noticed them. In fact, you still might not even notice the roofs are made of metal until you ask – they are just that incognito! Metal roofs are increasing in popularity because now, they can be decorative. That is, they don’t have to look like your local Pizza Hut anymore – metal roofs can now be painted almost any color, designed to look non-industrial, and can even be fit in and around odd-shaped houses and roofs.
Plus, advancements in roofing design and insulation technology have eliminated the “pinging” sound formerly heard on metal roofs during rainstorms. Now, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t increase the value and beauty of your home with a decorative metal roof.
What Types of Decorative Roofing are There?
To help you understand what roofs around you are made of metal and which are not, here are a few different types of metal roofing that are common:
- Vertical Panels: These are large sheets of metal which are used to create the roof’s surface. These are generally more affordable, but considered less decorative.
- Metal Shingles: Decorative metal roofing made out of shingles gives added creativity, flair and design quality to your home. Shingles made of metal act in the same way that tile or asphalt shingles do, only provide more durability, protection, energy-efficiency, and decorative options. Shingles can come in many different styles, providing symmetry, clean lines and style to your rooftop.
- Metal Shakes: These are almost identical to wooden shakes for rooftops, but far more durable. If you’re looking for a decorative option that brings more ruggedness and aesthetic beauty than metal shingles, metal shakes are the way to go.
- Metal Roof Tiles: Almost identical to other forms of roof tiles, tiles made of metal simply give you a lighter option to provide structural soundness with improved protection and function. These can also be decorated many different colors and cut to provide designs that please the eye.
Why Choose Decorative Roofing
Among the many benefits of metal roofing, perhaps the most attractive is the low cost to effectiveness and durability ratio. When it comes right down to it, there are very few styles of roofing that compare with metal roofing. For the price you pay and the durability, quality, and aesthetic beauty you get, decorative metal roofing is unsurpassed in excellence.
Here are some more reasons why choosing decorative roofing could be right for you:
- It is cost-effective and durable (lasts 50 years and beyond).
- It can lower cooling costs by up to 40%.
- It is sustainable (many are made of 95% recycled materials).
- Low to no maintenance required.
- Fire resistant as well as moss, rot and insect resistant.
- Lower weight means reduced structural strain on your home.
- Interlocking metal panels create wind-resistant roofs.
- Strong enough to stand up to Florida hurricanes and storms.
- Aesthetically beautiful and easy to customize, paint and match.
- Perfect for low-pitched roofs, steep roofs, curved roofs or around chimneys, skylights, dormers, valleys, etc.
Metal roofing can also be finished in a number of ways. This means that even though your roof is receiving all of the benefits of metal, it can still look like it’s made of stone, wood or a variety of other materials.
Decorative Metal Roofing Jacksonville, FL
When looking at metal roofing, Jacksonville, FL homeowners should understand that not all roofing installation and repair companies are created equal. In order to ensure safety, proper installation and quality material, only choose a licensed, qualified roofing contractor in Jacksonville to install decorative metal on your home.